Wizz Air will not resume flights on the Moscow-Abu Dhabi route from October

Wizz Air has suspended plans to resume flights on the Moscow-Abu Dhabi route in the United Arab Emirates, the Reuters Agency said. Earlier, a wave of criticism poured out on the Hungarian carrier for the decision to resume flights on this route.

Representatives of the Hungarian airline Wizz Air in Friday’s statement on the postponement of the resumption of flights until further notice, did not comment on the reaction in social media. Internet users called for a boycott of the carrier. The statement only mentions “supply chain constraints in the industry” that were said to have changed the decision.

Connections on the Moscow-Abu Dhabi route were to be resumed from October 2022.

Wizz Air on flights to Russia

Previously, Wizz Air replied to numerous Twitter posts on this matter. It was then explained that Wizz Air AUH, which was to operate the connection, was a company registered in UAEoperating in accordance with the laws in force in that country.

“All domestic UAE airlines currently fly direct to Moscow. Currently, Wizz Air Hungary and Wizz Air UK do not operate flights to / from Russia“- representatives of the carrier pointed out. On February 27 this year, Wizz Air suspended all flights to / from Russia.

Wizz Air Abu Dhabi is a joint venture with the state-owned ADQ, which owns 51%, and Wizz Air Holdings owns the remaining 49%. The planes bear the name and markings of a European airline.

The UAE has not sanctioned Russia for its invasion Ukraine. The country maintains a neutral stance.

Main photo source: Nocciola / Shutterstock.com

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *