The bizarre scenes took place in Elbląg, where a concert of Polish Television took place on the occasion of the opening of the Vistula Spit ditch investment. Only a handful of people were admitted to the event, which was supposed to be a free event for city residents, and its area was fenced with black tarpaulins covering the stage. Why? Because the event was not reported as a mass event.
According to the information provided by the city authorities, the reason for this is that Polish Television in a rush of formalities related to the organization of the concert.
“On September 13, at the end of the working day, the Office received a notification from Telewizja Polska about the intention to organize an artistic or entertainment event as part of cultural activity, with the expected number of participants at 999 people (…) And a day later (…) to Telewizja Polska, a letter in which the President points out the possibility of participation in the event by a much larger number of people than the number indicated in the application, which will bear the hallmarks of a mass event, and which requires a different procedure and guaranteeing safety (…) “- she said in interview with expresselblag.pl Joanna Urbaniak, spokeswoman for the President of Elbląg.
“Is this a party party?”
The residents were obviously not thrilled with this turn of events. “They allowed only a limited number of people, even though the square was partially empty. They covered the sides with black foil so that nobody could see anything. At the entrance, they informed that you would have to have a pass or wait for someone to leave the square. (…) it was just a party for the supporters PIS? Families with children left because they were not allowed in. Shame for the city and the authorities that allowed it, “Elbląg, Mrs. Agnieszka, who was at the event, told” portel.pl “.
The rest of the text is below the video
The fact that the residents were separated from the stage was not shown by Polish Television, which the new president, Mateusz Matyszkowicz, informed about the organization of the concert a few days before the event. Earlier this event was announced Jacek Kurski, but Matyszkowicz initially withdrew from these plans. Ultimately, it only changed the concept of the event and instead of disco polo stars, there were artists such as Ryszard Rynkowski, Piotr Cugowski and Katarzyna Cerekwicka.