They are building a wall on the border between Poland and Russia. Clear declaration from the opposition
- – I doubt very much that the scale of migration from the Middle East will be large. I do not think that today, under the conditions of war, many people have signed up for it, said Zalewski
- – Safety right from the start. This point is fundamental. But the government’s reactions should be adequate to today’s or potential security threats, he stressed
- MP of Poland 2050 added that “he would have to check whether minister Błaszczak has the competence to carry out such an investment”. – Because the money allocated by the Seym to this investment concerned only the border with Belarus – he explained
- Zalewski also referred to reports on the National Reconstruction Plan and cohesion funds for Poland in “Onet Opinions”. When asked if there would be an agreement between the PiS government and Brussels, he said that he would not. – This is Kaczyński’s decision. He simply does not want to lose his influence on the justice system, because it is a matter of security – not only for him, but also for people in PiS – in the context of crimes that are committed in Poland today – he said
- The topic of the conversation was also the construction of the first two nuclear power plants in Poland. – We believe that it should be done in accordance with the law, and the law requires a transparent tender – said Zalewski
- He warned that the European Commission could say that since the tendering procedures required by European law have not been carried out, these decisions may be challenged
- More important information can be found on the Onet homepage. If you don’t want to miss any important news – subscribe to our newsletter
The decision to build a dam on the Polish border with Russia was announced on Wednesday by the head of the Ministry of National Defense, Mariusz Błaszczak. It is to be similar to the one that stood on the border with Belarus and consist of three rows of razor wire, two and a half meters high.
– The question is whether the decision of the minister of defense is sufficient, because a decision of the Sejm was required to build a wall on the border with Belarus. I then voted for this decision, having a number of reservations about it – emphasized Zalewski.
– First, I doubt very much that the scale of migration from the Middle East will be large. I do not think that many people signed up for it today, in times of war. The question is who will finance airline tickets, because the route from Istanbul to Moscow or St. Petersburg costs astronomical amounts – up to several thousand dollars – indicated the Polish MP in 2050.
– My position is this – safety at the very beginning. This point is fundamental. But the government’s response should be proportionate to today’s or potential security threat. I believe that without a parliamentary discussion, without a detailed explanation by the government, without giving costs, or settling this investment, it will not be a serious matter, assessed Zalewski.
– Safety is paramount, but all other issues need to be discussed. The forum of the Sejm is appropriate for this. I would also have to check whether minister Błaszczak has the competence to carry out such an investment. Because the money allocated by the Seym to this investment concerned only the border with Belarus, the opposition politician pointed out.
Zalewski also referred to “Rzeczpospolita” recent reports in “Onet Opinions”. The log information shows that until Poland repairs the judicial system in accordance with EU requirements, we will not only have money from the National Reconstruction Plan (EUR 24 billion in subsidies and EUR 12 billion in loans), but also much larger amounts (EUR 75 billion) from the cohesion funds. Jarosław Kaczyński and other PiS politicians suggest that concessions in this matter are possible.
What does the politician of Poland 2050 say to that? Will there be an agreement with Brussels? – I don’t think so. This is Kaczyński’s decision. He was able to adopt the necessary solutions many times, supported by the opposition, to repair, at least in part, the Polish justice system. He made the decision not to do so. He focused on not getting along with the EU and waging a war. One element of this is the policy towards Germany, which Kaczyński will escalate during the election campaign. He has always done it since 2005 – emphasized Zalewski.
– I do not believe that any declarations of real repair of the justice system, which will launch the KPO, would be possible. Kaczyński simply does not want to lose his influence on the judiciary, because it is a matter of security – not only of him, but also of people in PiS – in the context of crimes that are committed in Poland today – he added.
The topic of the conversation was also the construction of the first two nuclear power plants in Poland. It will be built by American and South Korean companies. Is this the right way?
– We believe that the choice of a technology supplier or investor should be made with very serious thought. This is a strategic choice that should be made with the opposition. We believe that it should be done in accordance with the law, and the law requires a transparent tender – Zalewski said in “Onet Opinions”.
– Another element – we do not know on what basis it was taken decision to cooperate with the Americans and Koreans. We do not know the price or cost of these specific variants. We do not know what the first government investment will be financed from, he continued.
– The third element – international cooperation, treatment of the French. We don’t know why this offer was ignored. The French were in the game and yet proposals from outside the EU were selected. Perhaps these are good decisions, but we do not know that – emphasized the Polish MP in 2050.
If the French have been rejected and the construction will be done by companies from outside the EU, can the European Commission block these investments? – The Commission cannot make such an argument. However, the EC could say that since the tendering procedures required by European law have not been carried out, these decisions may be questioned – Zalewski pointed out.
Will the EC do it? – It depends on the Americans whether they will be able to convince the European Commission not to do it or not. Because we have no influence on the Commission. We have no influence on anything in the EU, summed up the opposition politician.
Date Created: Today, 13:54
#building #wall #border #Poland #Russia #Clear #declaration #opposition