There are no volunteers for the delivery of new trains for SKM
There were no companies interested in delivering 10 new trains for SKM. Bidders could be scared off by the tight deadline for completing the task – the end of 2023. It almost certainly means a loss of funding for this project, though SKM intends to negotiate on this issue yet.
The biggest problem of SKM is:
A tender for the supply of 10 multi-unit (previously there was a provision for 4-unit) brand new electric multiple units was announced by SKM Trójmiasto on September 2.
The date of opening the bids was postponed six times, which resulted in a delay of more than one month. And time was crucial here, because all vehicles must be delivered by the end of 2023, otherwise funding from the Center for EU Transport Projects will be lost.
And there are many indications that this will happen. On November 3, the deadline for submitting offers in this procedure expired. No company has taken the risk of building 10 vehicles in just over a year.
– We are in contact with the Center for EU Transport Projects and the Ministry of Funds and Regional Policy. The results of these consultations will determine the company’s further activities regarding the acquisition of new vehicles – he comments Tomasz Złotośspokesman for SKM.
- total length of the vehicle -75 m +/- 3%
- number of seats – min. 170, a maximum of 10% is allowed. tilting seats (at least 3 seating arrangements), ergonomic seats
- number of standing places – min. 287 (assuming 4 people per square meter)
- in each section, at least two doors per side – 2-panel, metal doors with a clearance of not less than 1.3 m
- 1 toilet cubicle – in the first or second section
- from 3 to 6 holders for transporting bicycles in no more than two train units
- passenger information system, LCD screens, monitoring, passenger counting system
- an operating speed greater than or equal to 140 km / h
- the highest hill at which the train should start with full load – 35 per mille (3.5%)
- train life – minimum 30 years
About the choice in 95 percent. the price was to decide. The other two criteria are:
– Ratio of the number of driving axles to the number of all axles in each vehicle – 2.5 percent.
– The sum of the ground clearance of the passenger outer doors in each vehicle – 2.5%
#volunteers #delivery #trains #SKM