- – We will not stand aside when Putin dishonestly tries to annex part of Ukraine – said Janet Yellen, Secretary of the Treasury
- Among the entities associated with Russia’s defense procurement is a Chinese supplier accused of the Treasury of supporting Radioavtomatika, a US-designated Russian defense procurement firm
- Additionally, the U.S. Department of State said it has imposed visa restrictions on over 900 people as part of new sanctions related to Russia following its annexation of Ukrainian territory.
- More important information can be found on the Onet homepage
The new US sanctions package includes more than 1,000 people and companies related to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, including the president of its central bank and the families of members of the National Security Council.
– We will not stand aside when Putin dishonestly tries to annex part of Ukraine. Today, the Treasury Department and the US government are taking extensive measures to further weaken the already degraded position of Russia, said Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen.
New US sanctions in response to Russia’s annexation of Ukrainian territory are targeting Russian officials, their families and dozens of entities that Washington says are helping with the annexation.
The US Treasury Department said it had imposed sanctions on 14 people in the Russian military-industrial complex, two central bank leaders, family members of top officials and 278 members of Russia’s legislature “for allowing Russia to hold a fictitious referendum and attempt to annex Ukraine’s sovereign territory.”
Among the people who have been subject to sanctions are:
- President of the Central Bank of Russia, Elvir Nabiullina, who is a former adviser to Russian President Vladimir Putin,
- Deputy Prime Minister of Russia, Aleksander Nowak,
- the families of Russia’s Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin and Defense Minister Sergei Shoygu,
- 109 members of the State Duma,
- Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of Russia and 169 of its members.
In addition, the U.S. Treasury imposed sanctions on:
- 14 suppliers, including two international ones, “for supporting Russia’s military supply chains”,
- 57 new entities in Russia and Crimea, accused of the US of supporting “the brutal attack by the Russian military on Ukraine”.
Among Russia’s defense procurement entities is a Chinese supplier whom the Treasury has accused of supporting Radioavtomatika, a US-designated Russian defense procurement firm.
The US also issued a warning to other countries supporting Russia’s military machine. “The current US export controls on Russia may be applied to entities in third countries seeking to provide material support to the military and industrial sectors of Russia and Belarus,” the US Treasury Department said in a statement.
The rest of the article can be found under the video:
Additionally, the US State Department said it had imposed visa restrictions on more than 900 people as part of new sanctions tied to Russia following its annexation of Ukrainian territory. Persons currently banned from travel to the US include members of the Russian and Belarusian military and “Russia’s plenipotentiaries for violating Ukraine’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence.”
“The United States unambiguously rejects Russia’s fraudulent attempt to change Ukraine’s internationally recognized borders, including by holding mock” referenda “, Antony Blinken said.
Joe Biden referred to today’s illegal annexation of part of Ukrainian territory by Russia. “The United States condemns Russia’s unfair attempt to annex Ukraine’s sovereign territory today. Russia violates international law, tramples the United Nations Charter and shows its contempt for peaceful nations around the world,” he wrote in a statement posted on the White House website.
“We will continue to provide Ukraine with the equipment it needs for defense, undeterred by Russia’s brazen efforts to change its neighbor’s borders. And I am waiting for legislation from Congress to be signed that will provide an additional $ 12 billion to support Ukraine,” the press release reads.
“I call on all members of the international community to reject Russia’s illegal annexation attempts and to support the Ukrainian people for as long as necessary,” concluded Joe Biden.
Date Created: Today, 16:56