Russia warns Norway. Maria Zakharowa announces “an adequate reaction”
- – Oslo is currently one of the most active supporters of NATO’s involvement in the Arctic – said Maria Zakharowa at the briefing
- A spokeswoman for the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that “all hostile actions will be followed by an adequate response”
- Norway raised the readiness of its army on Monday. – We are in the most serious situation in terms of security policy for several decades – said Norwegian Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre
- More information can be found on the Onet homepage
Maria Zacharowa at the briefing, she spoke about Norway’s rapprochement with NATO. – Foreign military bases appeared in Norway permanently. The relevant infrastructure has been modernized, modern equipment has been purchased, and Oslo is currently one of the most active supporters of NATO’s involvement in the Arctic, said a spokeswoman for the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, quoted by the government agency TASS. – We consider this development near Russia’s borders to be a deliberate attempt by Oslo to pursue a destructive course towards escalating tensions in the Euro-arctic region and the eventual destruction of Russian-Norwegian relations, she added.
Zakharova also emphasized that “Russia is always open to honest and respectful dialogue, but any hostile actions will be followed by an adequate response.”
The rest of the text below the video
Norway raised its military readiness on Monday in response to spotting suspicious drones on its territory. The services arrested several Russians, including the son of an associate of President Vladimir Putin. They were accused of illegally using drones in Norwegian airspace and taking photos in security restricted areas. In Oslo, concerns have grown about potential attacks by Russia on the country’s key infrastructure.
– We are in the most serious situation in the field of security policy for several decades – said Norwegian Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Store at a conference on increasing the readiness of the local armed forces. As he emphasized, “the Russian regime is reaching for new funds”, the decision of the authorities in Oslo is “dictated by the situation” and “the countries FOR THIS they should be vigilant to Russia’s actions in the light of the war in Ukraine. ”The head of the Norwegian government announced that as part of increasing the state of readiness, the government will provide additional funds to improve logistics, communication and security.
This year, in Norway, there were, among others, training of American troops and NATO countries in the Arctic region. Rapid reaction and deterrence of Russia along the eastern flank of the alliance were practiced. The Americans also held flight exercises with Finns who are applying for NATO membership.
From the beginning of the Russian aggression against Ukraine, Norway has supported Kyiv. The Scandinavian country imposed sanctions on Russia and provided military aid to the attacked. As part of it, the Ukrainians received, among others an air defense system, Mistral surface-to-air missiles, as well as a large supply of anti-tank missiles, bulletproof vests, helmets and armored vehicles. Oslo is also considering raising its own defense budget for next year by 10 percent. Part of the additional funds is to be allocated to weapons for Ukraine.
Thedailybeast.com notes that the warning from Moscow through Zakharova’s lips seems like a new attempt to strengthen its own narrative as Moscow’s relations with Western countries continue to deteriorate. In late October, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that sees no point in maintaining diplomatic relations with Western countries and announced that Russian diplomacy will now shift the “center of gravity” towards Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Sources: tass.com, nrk.no, thedailybeast.com
Date Created: Today, 09:48
#Russia #warns #Norway #Maria #Zakharowa #announces #adequate #reaction