The Ministry of Finance and the Pekao bank have signed an agreement which allows for the purchase of retail Treasury bonds in Pekao. The bonds will be available from the first days of October via electronic channels, not only to Bank Pekao clients.
The offer of Bank Pekao, which will handle and sell bonds through the Pekao Brokerage House, will include six types of retail Treasury bonds:
- 3-month fixed rate treasury bonds (OTS);
- annual treasury bonds with a variable interest rate (ROR);
- 2-year treasury bonds with a variable interest rate (DOR);
- 3-year fixed-rate government bonds (TOS);
- 4-year indexed government bonds (COI);
- 10-year retirement treasury bonds (EDO).
– This is very good news for investors that Bank Pekao SA has joined the Treasury bonds distribution network. This is the second entity that will sell Treasury bonds. It is a safe and profitable investment. It is worth – especially now – to think more about saving. We provide Poles with instruments that will allow them to reduce the impact of inflation on their savings – said Sebastian Skuza, secretary of state in the Ministry of Finance.
How to buy treasury bonds in BM Pekao?
The Pekao Brokerage House will be able to purchase bonds from October 1 this year. In the first period, in remote channels: Pekao24 internet banking and in the PeoPay mobile application. The product will be available to all customers of Bank Pekao, as well as people who are not customers of the bank.
The client will receive all documents electronically in the application or to the indicated e-mail address. The purchase of bonds itself will take only two or three minutes, and the system will guide the client step by step.
The bonds will be available for purchase with the help of bank employees. From October this year. Anyone interested will be able to come to the branch where the Brokerage Service Point is located and, with the assistance of an employee, make a transaction on their own phone in the PeoPay application or in their own online banking.
The execution of the transaction by a bank employee at the customer’s request will be implemented on January 2, 2023. From January, distribution will take place at 380 Bond Sale Points and by phone via the BM Call Center.