world

Putin refused to sign the decree ending mobilization

Putin refused to sign the decree ending mobilization

  • According to Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov, the decree formalizing the cessation of mobilization “is not needed”
  • Analysts and experts are skeptical and point out that until the end of the so-called partial mobilization, an appropriate decree is needed
  • In turn, sources close to the Kremlin claim that in the winter the Russians will face a “second wave” of mobilization, when “mobilized camps and logistic chains will be unloaded”
  • You can follow information on the defense of Ukraine 24 hours a day in ours LIVE RELATIONS
  • More important information can be found on the Onet homepage

The decree that would formalize the cessation of mobilization “is not needed,” president’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Tuesday. He said that such a conclusion had been drawn by the presidential lawyers to whom Putin himself had asked the day before.

– I will talk to the lawyers – promised the president, adding that “to be honest, he did not think” whether it was necessary to sign the decree on the end of mobilization.

According to Piesków, a “point” was set in the process of mass conscription, which, according to official data, covered 300,000 people. people. “Relevant telegrams were sent by the Ministry of Defense to military recruitment offices to suspend and continue not sending out any summons,” he said.

The rest of the text below the video.

The new stage of mobilization, according to Peskov, is also “impossible”, as Vladimir Putin’s decree signed on September 21 concerned “a certain number” of people. But the seventh paragraph of the document is secret. And according to a source “Novaya Gazeta. Europe” close to the presidential administration, the real number of people to be mobilized is one million.

– There are no legal obstacles for the president to issue a decree suspending mobilization. This would calm the public opinion, but it seems that the authorities have a different plan – says Paweł Czikow, a well-known lawyer and head of the international human rights group “Agora”.

Cessation of mobilization would deprive the authorities of the possibility of taking further mobilization measures, and additionally, it would automatically allow all contracted soldiers to leave the military service. The decree on its announcement directly prohibits them from doing so, explains Chikov.

The logic of the authorities is that, instead of stopping mobilization, demobilization will be announced. But Russian legislation does not know such a term.

Chikov emphasizes that the text of Putin’s decree explicitly states that it is valid “until the end of the period of partial mobilization”, therefore this “end” must be formalized in one way or another.

At the same time, the grounds indicated as the reason for mobilization have not disappeared, the expert continues. Therefore, it is not known for how long hundreds of thousands of mobilized people ended up in the training ground and in the army.

Decision to suspend mobilization it was due to the fact that the system of military commissariats and military training turned out to be unprepared and got stuck in the streams of “recruits” who needed to be armed and equipped, sources close to the Kremlin told the independent portal Meduza.

In their opinion, a “second wave” of mobilization awaits the Russians in winter, when “mobilized camps and logistic chains will be unloaded”. At the same time, the government is supposed to “more accurately” send people to the front, involving employers more actively in this process.

#Putin #refused #sign #decree #mobilization

Related Articles

Back to top button