Olivia Williams plays Kamila in “The Crown”. Once she loved Radek Sikorski
- Former lovers met at a party in Oxford, where our politician studied political science, philosophy and economics
- In love, Olivia and Radosław did not see the world outside of each other and planned their future together. Everything indicated that one day they would get married and start a family. The idyll lasted four years, it was interrupted by Sikorski’s decision to return to Poland and engage in politics
- Despite the separation, the actress and the politician remained in friendly relations. Williams found happiness with her colleague Rhashnan Stone, with whom she has two daughters: Esme Ruby and Roxana May
- You can find more on the main page of Onet.pl
The 54-year-old British actress took over the role of King Charles’ lover to Emerald Fennell, attracting the attention of fans of the netflix blockbuster. Poles may be interested in the fact that in her youth Williams was in love with Radosław Sikorski. She never really hid it – well, in 2013 she appeared on his 50th birthday and gave an interview to “Vivie!” about the feeling they used to have.
The former lovers met at a party in Oxford, where our politician studied political science, philosophy and economics. He immediately impressed the future screen star, who was only 17 years old at the time.
“I was really young, (…) still at school. Radek was my first, great love. Definitely. Then I thought: ‘I don’t want anything more, but to be with you everywhere, wherever you sail, wherever you go.’ “Olivia recalled and added:
Until then, I had never met a man who greeted a woman, popped his heels and bowed his head gallantly.
The lovers did not see the world outside of themselves and planned their future together. Everything indicated that one day they would get married and start a family. The idyll lasted four years, it was interrupted by Sikorski’s decision to return to Poland and engage in politics.
(…) It was this extraordinary summer of 1989. I was 21 years old and I was just starting intensive classes at the acting school. Radek’s port was here. He had to come back to Poland. I remember Radek sitting holding my tap shoes. He wanted to save Poland, and I was learning to dance. I chose tap shoes, he – a white horse. Each of us went our own way
– she explained.
The rest of the text below the video.
Despite the separation, the actress and the politician remained in friendly relations. Williams found happiness with fellow playwright Rhashnan Stone, with whom she has two daughters: Esme Ruby and Roxana May. Earlier, Williams had dated a man named Jonathan Cake, they even got engaged, but canceled the wedding a week ahead of schedule.
There is a reason I got married quite late – because I was looking for a father [w mężczyźnie]. My parents’ long and happy marriage was a great ideal that had to be lived up to, but a difficult one.
Rhashan and I are lucky. We agreed from the beginning that we would always work on things that are difficult. Our intention was and is to stay married so that in case of problems we should not be afraid of desertion. (…) The amazing thing is that my husband did not make this assumption, partly because his mother died when he was 11 years old. So his adoption of this attitude towards marriage is based on choice, which shows great strength of character – this is what makes him similar to my father
– this is how the actress praised Stone in “The Guardian”. Sikorski and he married Anne Applebaum, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist.
Date Created: Today, 15:56
#Olivia #Williams #plays #Kamila #Crown #loved #Radek #Sikorski