New York. Building fire. One of the residents was at the height of the 20th floor, firefighters started to help
A building fire broke out in New York on Saturday, injuring at least 38 people. At the height of the 20th floor, on the outer side of the window, one of the apartments was located. The woman was saved by firefighters.
As a result of a fire that broke out in a building in New York on Saturday, 38 people were hospitalized, including five in a serious condition and two in a critical condition.
The smoke filling the rooms made breathing very difficult.
One of the women hung on the outside of the window at the height of the 20th floor. The firefighters, who managed to save her with a rope and drag her into the building through a broken window below, came to the rescue.
Assistant Deputy Chief of the New York City Fire Department Frank Leeb described the use of the rope to save a woman as “a last resort.”
The cause of the fire was the electric bike battery
According to the firefighters, the fire was caused by the ignition of a battery in an electronic device connected to the charging station. This is almost two hundred this year New York firefighters action caused by the ignition of this type of battery. As a result of these fires, 6 people died.
These batteries can be found in transportation equipment such as electric bicycles, scooters, and hoverboards. Fires caused by them are usually intense and can spread very quickly when surrounded by flammable objects.
There were at least five electric bikes in the apartment where the fire started, New York City Fire Chief Daniel E. Flynn said. The services believe that the tenant could have repaired the bicycles and are investigating whether an unregistered business.
TVN24, CNN, New York Times
Main photo source: REUTERS
#York #Building #fire #residents #height #20th #floor #firefighters #started