How much is the RTV subscription for 2023? Who is exempt from the license fee, who has to pay, including for the radio in the car? Do retirees have to pay an RTV subscription?
RTV subscription 2023 – we suggest who is exempt from fees and who has to pay. What are the financial penalties for people who do not pay the subscription? Why should business owners pay a subscription for a car radio? In the article, a new price list for RTV subscription fees for 2023.
Table of Contents
- RTV 2023 subscription – how much is it?
- RTV subscription 2023 – who is exempt from fees?
- Radio and TV subscription – who has to pay and why?
- What are the penalties for not paying the RTV license?
- RTV subscription for car radio – who should pay?
RTV 2023 subscription – how much is it?
In 2022 radio owners had to pay PLN 7.50 per month, while the TV – PLN 24.50. In 2023, the price of the radio and television subscription will increase by about 20%. On the website of Poczta Polska there is information that next year you will have to pay for a radio receiver PLN 8.70 per month, and TV – PLN 27.30.
RTV subscription 2023 – who is exempt from fees?
You do not have to pay a radio and television subscription:
- persons over 75 years of age,
- persons over 60 years of age who receive an old-age pension whose monthly value does not exceed half of the average remuneration,
- people with the 1st disability group,
- people who are completely unable to work,
- persons with a significant degree of disability or permanent or temporary total incapacity to work on a farm,
- deaf people with total deafness or bilateral hearing impairment,
- blind people whose visual acuity is less than 15%.
- unemployed people,
- veterans who are war or military invalids or their families,
- persons entitled to cash benefits, e.g. permanent allowance, temporary allowance or pre-retirement allowance.
Radio and TV subscription – who has to pay and why?
The obligation to pay the subscription fee results from the Act of 21 April 2005 on subscription fees and from the Regulation of the Minister of Administration and Digitization of 17 December 2013 on the conditions and procedure for registering radio and television receivers. In Poland persons who have television sets and radio receivers are obliged to register such a device and pay a regular RTV license fee. The number of devices does not matter, the fee is the same in each case. The collected funds are used to carry out the mission of public media.
What are the penalties for not paying the RTV license?
People who should and do not pay a subscription for RTV may receive a financial penalty. Its height is 30 times the subscription. In 2023, these amounts will be: PLN 261 for the radio, PLN 819 for the TV.
RTV subscription for car radio – who should pay?
For the radio in the car, in some cases, you also have to pay an RTV subscription, which few drivers know about.
As follows from Art. 2 sec. 5 of the Act of 21 April 2005 on Subscription Fees, if the household RTV subscription is paid regularly, there is no need to pay extra for a radio set in a private car. However, if we run a business and the car is registered for it, the subscription fee is mandatory. More specifically, this applies to rented and leased company cars.
A person who uses a company vehicle and does not pay a subscription for the radio in the car may receive a fine, in the amount of 30 times the subscription fee. In 2023 it will be PLN 261.
Who sets the financial penalty? Few people know that our car can be checked controllers working for Poczta Polska. These persons are entitled to do so, in accordance with the judgment of the Supreme Administrative Court of March 12, 2015, case No. II GSK 208/14 in accordance with Art. 2 sec. 2 of the Act of 2005 on subscription fees. We write more about controllers in the article – RTV subscription checks 2023 – who will check if you pay it? What if the controller knocks on the door?
#RTV #subscription #exempt #license #fee #pay #including #radio #car #retirees #pay #RTV #subscription