- Real defeated at Wanda Metropolitano Atletico in the Madrid derby 2: 1. Before the match, it was not without controversy
- In the program “El Chiringuito” there was a controversial phrase about Vinicius Jr. The words were taken to be racist
- Before the match against Real, Atletico fans caught the phrase spoken on the program and began to express racist words at the Brazilian player of the opposing team
- The host of the program “El Chiringuito” apologized for the controversial words on the air and added that they had no racist connotations
- You can read more interesting stories on the new PrzegladSportowy.Onet.pl website. Check!
Vinicius Jr. fell victim to criticism after his dance after scoring a goal against Mallorca. The behavior of the Brazilian did not like Pedro Bravo, who admitted in the program “El Chiringuito” that the Real player showed disrespect towards his rival. The president of the Spanish Association of Players’ Agents (AEAF) called on the footballer to “stop pretending to be a monkey”. In Spanish, the phrase means “to do stupid things”, but this time it could have had a double meaning.
The host of the show apologizes to Vinicius Jr for the controversial words
The controversial statement was considered racist and was vehemently condemned by Real Madrid, who showed support for their player. Meanwhile, there has been a snowball effect, and controversial statements have circulated around Spain. Before Madrid’s derby on Sunday, the phrase was caught by Atletico fans who chanted that “Vinicius Jr. is a monkey”.
– Commentator Pedro Bravo said, “I don’t like it, don’t do a monkey anymore,” referring to Vinicius. In Spain, this colloquial expression means “don’t be silly,” explains program host Josep Pedrerol.
– Pedro Bravo has already asked for forgiveness and I am asking for it too. If this has affected you, I apologize again. If you’re black and it bothers you, I’m sorry. If you’re white and think that phrase was unfortunate, then sorry too.
Pedrerol maintains that Pedro Bravo’s words against Vinicius were not racist. “It may have been an unfortunate and inappropriate expression, but not racist,” says the host of “El Chiringuito”. “I know that it often happens that when something happens on this program, the vultures rush to attack.” I do not care. Social media geeks don’t matter to me. What matters to me is that Vinicius felt offended by these words or that some viewers felt offended. So I’m sorry.
Real leads the LaLiga with full points
– Vinicius once said that “Europe is racist”. I don’t know if Europe is racist. I do not think so. I think there are racists in Europe. Likewise, I don’t think Spain is racist, but there are racists in Spain. Vinicius … I really don’t think Spain is a racist country. Ancelotti has been here longer than you and said he is not that country. Listen to him more and you will realize what country Spain is. This world is full of hypocrisy and it disgusts me, but I apologize if these words disturb you – concluded Pedrerol.
In Sunday’s derby at Wanda Metropolitano, Real Madrid won 2-1 after goals from Rodrygo and Federico Valverde. Atletico only responded with a Hermoso hit. Vinicius Jr. played the entire match and the Royal team leads the LaLiga with a full 18 points and two points ahead of FC Barcelona.
His eyesight deteriorated day by day. First in one eye. Activities in the hall, a ball hit in the face and Michał Globisz was in the hospital. Later, visibility in the other eye faded. Nevertheless, the deserved youth coach and educator can still be found in the stands of the stadium in Gdynia – he comes to matches and his friends tell him what is happening on the pitch. In “X-ray”, the guardian of the gold medalists of the European Championships from years ago talks about learning a new life and setting the head at such an angle that the number of an oncoming trolleybus can be seen at the stop.
Source:own work / Onet
Date Created: Today, 10:09