- It was hard to believe Tyson Fury’s words that he was about to retire. An appropriate stimulus would certainly make him return to the ring and this is what you have to look for in money and in a potential rival – Ołeksander Usyku
- – Better prepare half a billion boys – said the Briton, referring to a possible fight with the Ukrainian. No boxing match has yet had such a huge budget for salaries
- Closest were Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao, who collected a total of $ 400 million for the “fight of the century”. Floyd is in the lead in terms of salaries, earning as much as $ 275 million for the fight with Conor Mcgregor.
- More interesting stories can be found on the new website of Przegląd Sportowy Onet. Check!
– I’m sure he’s not retired yet. He definitely wants to fight me. I want it. If I don’t fight him, I won’t do it with anyone – Usyk announced after beating Joshua and defending the WBO, WBA, IBF and IBO belts in the heavyweight division. Fury, who after knocking out Dillian Whyte was indeed going to hang his gloves up for good (though with him is never certain), replied that he would have destroyed Usyk and Joshua in one night.
The 34-year-old has the right to believe in his own abilities, but he must be aware of the Ukrainian’s class. Beating the former champion twice is a thing reserved for an extremely small group of boxers. Physical conditions and experience speak for the WBC champion, but Usyk “wouldn’t sell the leather cheap”.
An athlete from the British Isles knows about it, speaking about “the greatest fight in the world”, and he does not use this name very often. – The biggest fight in the world must be a fight for the biggest money […] You better get half a billion boys ready, he said on Instagram.
The last part of his speech draws attention in particular. Half a billion, that’s not a mistake. For decades, money in the most important boxing fights has broken all the limits, even in top-shelf sports, but there has never been such amount in one fight.
The closest were, of course, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. In 2015, their “fight of the century” sold a record 4.6 million PPV packages sold in the United States alone. The first received $ 250 million for the start, the second – 150 million.
The American’s garage, however, is not the greatest ever. Actually, it is, but not the one mentioned above. 45-broke the bank two years later when he had fun with Conor McGregor in a fight that seemed purely for money. The second earned around $ 100 million, which was unattainable for him in MMA. The first received 275 million and thus exceeded the limit of $ 1 billion. lifted from the ring.
See also: Usyka’s fight was watched even in the trenches at the front. Amazing view [WIDEO]
Until today, no one has come close to this amount and it is difficult to expect Fury’s wish to come true – while he is wildly media-minded, Usyk is not able to match either Pacquiao or McGregor in this matter.
From backyard pitches to the Ministry of Sport and Tourism. Kamil Bortniczuk admits that the minister’s portfolio is the fulfillment of his youthful dreams. – When someone asked me years ago who I would like to be in sport, I said: I would like to be a minister – he recalls in an interview with Łukasz Kadziewicz.
Creation date: today, 11:33